This is a recipe from PCV Nicolina Trifunovski
Soup is a lot like a family. Each ingredient enhances the others; each batch has its own characteristics; and it needs time to simmer to reach full potential. – Marge Kennedy
This sweet and delectable soup will warm your soul, especially during those chilly autumn days. Vegetarian and gluten-free, just about anyone can enjoy this taste of home.
2 cups pumpkin/squash
½ cup water
1 cup natural yogurt or milk
2 Tbsps honey or ¼ cup panela/brown sugar (can use more if preferred) 2 tsps curry powder (can use more if preferred) Cinnamon to taste
1. Add the ½ cup of water to a pan. Cut up pumpkin/squash and cook on medium heat in pan until tender.
2. Smash pumpkin/squash using a potato masher or fork. If a smoother texture is desired, place pumpkin/squash into a blender and process until desired texture is reached.
3. Return to pan. Put heat on low, and bring to a low simmer. Add in the yogurt or milk, honey or panela/brown sugar, and curry powder.
4. Simmer and stir well until it is at the desired thickness.
5. Serve in dish and sprinkle cinnamon on top.
6. Eat and be amazed that such a gourmet dish can exist in your Ecuadorian kitchen.