Volunteer Service Position Description:
Works with: Other Friends of Ecuador Board Members
Reports to: Friends of Ecuador Board
Overview of Position:
- Submit annual affiliation payment to the National Peace Corps Association for Returned Peace Corps Volunteers/Friends of Ecuador affiliate. Provide a summary of work completed for the year.
- Work with Board members to review and approve new project applications from persons in Ecuador. Provide donations to the approved projects as needed which includes donations from Friends of Ecuador (FOE) and other donations made to FOE on behalf of a designated project.
- Transfer donations via WISE (secure international banking) or Western Union. Set up accounts if they do not already exist. Monitor the charges incurred for each expenditure.
- Monitor the monthly bank statement and the PayPal account on the FOE Facebook site. Rectify the budget on a monthly basis. Provide information to the rest of the Board on a quarterly basis.
- Develop a spreadsheet that monitors income and expenditures for each of the approved projects.
- Send one-time donations as needed, typically through Western Union.
- Provide an annual report to the Board which includes a Financial Statement and the spreadsheet.
- Request and review annual reports from each of the approved project directors.
- File taxes. The type of filing depends on the amount of money received in the calendar year.
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteer with experience in Ecuador.
- Ability to communicate in Spanish as needed – typically projects have been translated.
- Ability to establish and monitor a spreadsheet.
- Ability to e-file taxes or learn how to e-file taxes on a yearly basis.
You will be trained on how to use WISE and Western Union. Your name will be transferred to these accounts. Your name will also be transferred to the bank account and statements will come directly to you. Your name will be supplied to the NPCA.
If you are interested, please email email@example.com